Are you aged 16-18 and want to find a job or an apprenticeship?
Do you find your lack of work experience puts you at a disadvantage in applying for jobs or in an interview situation?
For many young people the step from school to work can be quite daunting, and having applications rejected time and again can be really frustrating. The government have launched a new programme - Traineeships, which addresses these issues and provides a progression route into jobs and apprenticeships for young people motivated by work.
Traineeships are part of the same family as apprenticeships – they can last up to six months and include high quality work placements. Traineeships will develop the skills and experience you need to be attractive to employers.
Your traineeship will include the following:
- An initial interview to discuss your employment/apprenticeship options.
- A comprehensive induction to the project.
- Work preparation training including CV writing and interview skills.
- A guaranteed work placement.
- English and maths qualifications.
- Travel expenses and bursaries will be determined with your co-ordinator.
- Attendance will be 2-4 days per week depending on your individual needs.
- Guaranteed job or exit interview with the employer at the end of the placement.
ITEC North East and J&K Training have joined forces to deliver the exciting new government initiative Traineeships. Each business is an expert in its own field - ITEC North East being a prime apprenticeship provider for 30 years and J&K Training specialising in the delivery of maths and English qualifications.
ITEC North East and J & K Training are currently working with 300+ employers, offering work placement and employment opportunities for young people.We are committed to the principles of equal opportunities in employment and training. We strive to ensure equality of access to all training and employment opportunities.
Please CLICK HERE to download our Brochure.